Industry Segment: Manufacturing
We are seeking candidates for a buyer position with a well-established manufacturer. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone with the requisite purchasing experience.
Location: U.S. - Midwest
- Responsible for placing PO for raw materials, parts, and supplies using established purchasing policies.
- Working daily with suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries that support the production schedule and adjustments.
- Maintain open communication lines with other departments.
- Evaluate supplier performance and report trends to management.
- All other activities and duties will be assigned by supervisor.
- Keep a clean and safe work environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement/purchasing skills in a job shop manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Able to work independently, stay focused, organized, and dependable.
- Ability to manage the demands and changes in the work environment, while managing time effectively to meet deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is very important.
- Able to recognize & report issues to appropriate managers.
Travel Required: Minimal
Relocation Allowance: No
Competitive wage and benefit package.