Industry Segment: Water / Wastewater
We are partnered with a municipality/city in Kansas to find a Deputy Utilities Director. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone to manage the operations of water and wastewater systems across three facilities.
The Deputy Utilities Director will be responsible for staff supervision, training, analysis, planning, budget, policies and procedures, special projects, and reporting. This person will work within broad policy and organizational guidelines, requiring significant interpretive judgement in variation from established guidelines and standards.
- Plan and manage daily operations of the water (treatment and distribution) and wastewater (collection and treatment) systems, including industrial and cross connection programs.
- Prepare or review engineering drawings and specifications for purchase of equipment, materials, facility improvements, and monitors construction project progress.
- Make recommendations based on engineering and financial analysis.
- Manage and supervise 50+ technical employees across 3 facilities.
- Oversee and approve expenditures, prepares financial form and reports, and assist with preparation of operating and capital budgets.
- Maintain record system, process daily paperwork, reports, requisitions, and personnel information.
- Assist in the development and implementation of policy and procedures.
- Facilitate presentations to City Commission as well as other boards and commissions.
- Serve on the Development Review Team (DRT).
- Act as the Department Director in Director’s absence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or closely related engineering field.
- 8+ years of engineering experience with water and wastewater functions.
- 4+ years of supervisory experience.
- Must have PE License for the State of Kansas (or able to obtain within 6 months).
- Must have a valid Kansas driver’s license.
- Must live within a 40-minute commute (response time) or be willing to relocate.
Travel Required: None
Relocation Allowance: Yes
- Medical (BCBS)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays (12 per year)