Industry Segment: Manufacturing - Electrical Connectors
This position is responsible for developing and designing products and equipment based on the product marketing specifications and leading project teams through project completion.
Location: York County, PA
- Provides direction to Designers, Drafters, and Technicians as required.
- Designs new products and maintains the existing product drawings utilizing AutoCAD and Creo computer design tools.
- Analyzes research data and proposed specifications to determine feasibility.
- Co-ordinates work of the product or project teams related to the product design and evaluation, tooling vendors, manufacturing facilities
- Works directly with customers and quality to resolve the product performance and quality issues.
- Confers with Marketing, Engineering, and other personnel to clarify or resolve problems, develop designs, develop manufacturing processes, and facilitate improvements.
- In conjunction with Marketing, establishes project teams and submits project proposals to management for approval.
- Organizes project team meetings and acts as the project leader through the development process.
- Prepares or directs preparation of product or system layout and detailed drawings.
- Directs and coordinates manufacturing or building of prototype product or systems.
- Plans and develops experimental test programs.
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications.
- Confers with project team and other personnel to prepare design modifications as required.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
Must be legally authorized to work in the USA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university or a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated proficiency in the understanding of design requirements and applying requirements to design applications.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
Travel Required: Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Relocation Allowance: No