Industry Segment: Manufacturing
We are seeking Director of Material candidates for a well established manufacturer in the midwest. This is a fantastic career opportunity for someone with a successful background in supply chain, purchasing, and procurement.
Location: U.S. - Midwest
- Member of the upper management team that helps drive and lead the organization.
- Manage all personnel associated with raw material purchase, inventory, and movement.
- Responsibilities include direct report and oversight of multiple Buyers, Material Estimator, and Warehouse Manager.
- Also responsible for finding, sourcing, and procuring all raw material to support manufacturing 150 individual jobs/contracts monthly. This includes determining current costing and lead-times to prepare accurate material cost estimates for 300 quotes per month.
- Weekly preparation of reports related to raw material movement, quotes, and jobs for management presentation.
- Oversight of cycle count, monthly, and year-end physical inventory, including reconciliations.
- Review and adjustment of any processes associated with raw materials – either procurement, storage, or issuance. This includes maintenance of Approved Supplier Lists, Work Instructions, and procedures to maintain appropriate controls to meet AS9100 requirements.
- Review of current inventory to maintain Min/Max programs including establishing appropriate quantities and levels.
- Daily review of current factory schedule and inbound material timing to verify arrival to support production start as planned.
- Procurement of MRO and supply items per company procedures.
- Preparation of raw material quotes for multiple year, multiple delivery long term RFQ’s.
- Reconciliation of monthly raw material receipts to determine necessary measurements for timely receipt, category of receipt, and miscellaneous transactions.
- Minimum of 3 years of procurement/purchasing management/leadership. Contract manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office 365)
- Excellent problem solving, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Able to work independently, stay focused, and dependable.
- Able to set work priorities and be organized.
- Ability to manage the demands and changes in the work environment, while managing time effectively to meet deadlines.
Travel Required: Minimal
Relocation Allowance: Yes
Competitive wage and benefit package.