Industry Segment: Steel & Specialty Metals
We are seeking an Engineering Manager for our client, a manufacturer in the metals and tubing industry in northern Mississippi. The person hired for this position will be responsible for site-wide process and equipment improvements. They will provide leadership and support changes designed to improve safety, quality, equipment reliability, performance, and manufacturing efficiency. Ultimately this person will be a liaison to customers, the company, and suppliers on technical matters related to products, processes, innovation initiatives and customer service.
Location: Northern MS
- Provides leadership to the engineering staff.
- Leads technical initiatives for all manufacturing processes.
- Serves as the “go-to” resource for all engineering related activities.
- Performs and oversees manufacturing process capability studies.
- Performs Return on Investment (ROI) calculations for improvements.
- Supports the shop floor during required activities and product launch periods.
- Leads and executes equipment and process improvements.
- Initiates and leads projects to improve equipment performance, reliability and cycle time yields.
- Manages priorities for the engineering team and communicates time, cost status, and any changes to management.
- Develops, maintains, and deploys work standards for internal processes.
- Works with Safety, Quality and Production to ensure operator training and proficiency.
- Leads 5s Events and Kaizen related events in conjunction with Continuous Improvement Resources.
- Collaborates to establish quality and reliability standards.
- Establishes raw material standards for manufacturing and engineering requirements.
- Devises testing methods and procedures.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical degree.
- 10+ years of experience in a technical or engineering role.
- Strong leadership skills with 2+ years of experience supervising an engineering team.
- Metallurgical Degree and/or past experience working with metals, is highly desirable.
- Experience with 3D modeling tools (SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Pro/E, CATIA etc.).
- Knowledge of Six Sigma Tools and/or Lean manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of metal forming and analysis tools such as ANSYS, DEFORM, HYPERMESH, LSDYNA is a plus.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis preferred.
- Proven track record of successfully building teams, managing priorities, and setting and attaining goals.
Travel Required: Minimal - As needed
Relocation Allowance: Yes
Full benefits – effective 30 days from hire:
Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Matching 401k, Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement