Industry Segment: Manufacturing Services
Our client is a world-class, global technical services provider to elite manufacturers. If you are an experienced machinist and manager/supervisor who enjoys working in a fast-paced, on-demand environment, we want to talk to you.
This person is responsible for overseeing the setup and operation of machine shop equipment and developing processes to increase efficiency and ensure that finished jobs meet all specifications. You may also be responsible for troubleshooting and repairing shop machines and equipment.
Location: Westmoreland County, PA
- Coordinate activities by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of subordinate employees.
- Evaluate and verify employee performance through the review of completed work assignments and work techniques.
- Study blueprints and sketches in order to plan material, equipment, and labor needs to accomplish machine shop projects.
- Safe and skilled operation of all shop equipment to meet project goals and deadlines.
- Interface with other departments as necessary to maintain production timelines.
- Assist the Machine Shop Manager as needed with oversight of all shop employees, equipment, and workload.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3 or more years of machine shop supervisory/management experience.
- Skilled in the operation of mills, lathes, grinders, saws, waterjets, and the use of precision measuring devices.
- Skilled with CNC and manual equipment, up to 4 axes.
- Ability to apply shop mathematics to practical problems such as computing dimensions, laying out work, and setting up machine tools.
- Ability to read and work from sketches, specifications, and blueprints.
- Ability to determine work priorities and delegate work to others.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- These duties require an employee to bend, reach, stoop, stand and/or walk for extended periods.
- These duties require an employee to lift and/or move heavy objects.
Travel Required: None Required
Relocation Allowance: No
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and holiday pay