Industry Segment: Automotive
Our client has an opening for a Plant Manager in NC. Reporting to the VP of Operations, this leader has responsibility for plant management including production, operational excellence, supply chain, program management, HR, finance and EHS.
The person in this position will set overall policies and procedures to ensure effective manufacturing/trading operations consistent with the company’s values and philosophy. The incumbent will lead the plant leadership team to develop plant strategies and tactics to achieve annual profit plan and long-term goals. He/she will interface with the sales organization to ensure internal/external customer needs are met.
Location: Durham, NC
- Ensure that quality, cost and delivery are competitively maintained.
- Provide leadership and ensure continued improvement with emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, culture, and cost.
- Analyze short and long term manufacturing requirements and capabilities to meet annual profit plan and strategic plan goals.
- Manage the plant’s capacity to ensure profitable growth.
- Analyze short and long-term manufacturing requirements & capabilities to help meet divisional goals.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement.
- Train, develop, and mentor reporting personnel to provide promotable candidates.
- Represent the company and business unit internally and externally (customers, community) as the situation may dictate.
- Create an atmosphere and provide leadership that allows each manager to utilize his/her full potential to accomplish plant objectives.
- Provide decisions on quality related issues and ensure compliance with quality system requirements including achievement and maintenance of appropriate certifications.
- Other duties, as determined by sr. leadership.
- BS degree in a related field
- Graduate degree is preferred
- 5 years of managerial experience is required
- 7 years of manufacturing experience is required
- Current or prior plant management experience is preferred
- Automotive or commercial vehicle industry experience preferred
- High level of business acumen and strategic mindset
- Experience building and maintaining a high level of employee engagement
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
Travel Required: Minimal - As needed
Relocation Allowance: Yes
Full Benefits – Medical, Dental, Retirement, Disability