Industry Segment: Plastics
This is an Operations Engineering support position providing process development, process improvement, tool verification, tool validation, material sampling, and development functions at a high level as guided by the Tooling Engineers and as directed by the Project Manager. Work is to be performed with a high degree of independence that is subject to the review of the Project Manager.
Location: Westmoreland County, PA
- Must have a high level of knowledge and complete functional understanding of injection molding, process control, machine capability, material processing, auxiliary equipment, process troubleshooting, and tool functionality.
- Schedules, coordinates, and performs all mold samplings for the Validation Group as it relates to initial tool samplings, DOE runs, confirmations runs, and other qualification activities as needed.
- Communicates with Process Engineers and Project Lead on a daily basis with regards to sampling schedules and dates.
- Coordinates sampling dates and press availability, along with communicating project priorities, with appropriate business unit production scheduling personnel.
- Responsible for managing and updating a daily list of sampling dates, priorities, activities, and press availability with the goal of sending a consistent and accurate message to new product project scheduling functions.
- Serves as primary troubleshooter when machine, tool, or process problems that develop during NPD new project qualification and confirmation runs.
- Responsible for developing and documentation process parameters used during NPD tool qualification or confirmation runs.
- Travel to initial tool samplings at selected tooling suppliers in an effort to determine tool functionality and capability.
- Travels to and supports tool samplings at company facilities as directed by the Project Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring all shop safety rules are being followed and all housekeeping standards are met.
- Will complete sampling related reports and documentation in a timely manner such as process parameters, machine setups, process data, tool schematics, hot runner setups, and sampling This information will be in a format that can easily translate for incorporation into each project’s respective job packet.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all data generated during the sampling process, and that the correct paperwork is forwarded to the correct individuals.
- Responsible for the use of EPOS or other process related software when necessary for the collection of data during DOE samplings and confirmation runs.
- Assist Operations, as directed by the Project Manager, in process setups and troubleshooting during early production and PQ runs.
- Manufacturing Safety
- College Degree or 5 years Injection Molding Experience
- Standard Method of Work
Travel Required: As Needed
Relocation Allowance: Yes