Industry Segment: Plastics
Oversees new tooling programs, and assists sales, customers, and tool shops in the quoting process. This person will procure tool sources by overseeing design, mold building schedule, and fixtures when required. Also assists in getting new molds approved and ready for production.
Location: Westmoreland County, PA
- Responsible for construction and procurement of tooling and equipment.
- Specifies engineering parameters for new tooling, equipment, and products.
- Coordinates quotes for related tooling and equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems associated with tooling and equipment.
- Participates in production and product design activities to achieve optimum results.
- Supports operation requirements with tooling and production engineering, problem identification, resolution, and continuous improvement efforts.
- Interacts and communicates with customers, suppliers, and operational personnel to achieve business opportunities.
- Analyze, understand and document all the risks associated with new products/processes.
- Perform data analysis processes.
- Responsible for activity related to travel, appointment scheduling, and customer visits.
- Assists in the maintenance and improvement of tooling.
- Assists with new product startups as needed.
- Ensures that OSHA and safety guidelines are met as they apply to the tools.
- Retain organized records and background information for all estimates to assure accuracy and consistency of estimates and proposals.
- Stay current with the latest developments in the plastics, molding, and automation industry through the use of trade magazines, trade shows, and supplier visits.
- Generation of cost saving opportunities related to tooling and presentation to management.
- Assists sales with procuring tool quotes and evaluating best choice for the company and customer.
- Assists sales in evaluating cycle times and processes.
- Oversees tool build and approvals to production with customers, tool shops and plant.
- Continually improve skills by taking appropriate training courses as necessary.
- Manufacturing Safety
- Standard Method of Work
- Engineering Degree or 5 years of IM Processing Experience
Travel Required: As Needed
Relocation Allowance: Yes