Industry Segment: Plastics
The Toolmaker is responsible for the completion of mold repairs and/or modifications necessary for the production of acceptable molded plastic products. The Toolmaker is also responsible for special projects and the updating of equipment under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Location: Westmoreland County, PA
- Troubleshoots and recommends solutions for problem molds that have been assigned by the Director of Tech Services.
- Sets up and operates all tool room equipment using very close tolerances.
- Ability to read mold drawings or hand sketches to enable the completion of repairs or tool modifications.
- Performs mold cleaning and rework as outlined by the mold processing procedures for all facilities.
- Maintains proper records of activities on molds and time required to complete the job.
- Responsible for special project assignments as requested and gives detailed reports of their results to the Manufacturing Engineering Manger both verbally and in writing.
- Keeps completed and updated files on all projects current or complete.
- Reports to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager all matters requiring his attention.
This position requires the completion of four years (4) years in the apprentice program approved by the U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Training while working in the tool and die field.
- Manufacturing Safety
- Standard Method of Work
Travel Required: Minimal
Relocation Allowance: No